Saturday, April 23, 2011

For Tomorrow ....

The short version: Still no permit, my computer is still down, we will be at Dennison at 10am tomorrow (4/24).

The extended version: I’m told that we will get a permit. Hopefully in the coming week. At that point, we’ll have one “scrape-off-the-rust” session instead of the usual two and then have games every week. I hope that you’re all throwing on your own if not with us on Sundays!

My computer crashed almost two weeks ago, so I am not technologically organized. This is the easiest way to keep you informed, though it is a work in progress/

One obvious use of the site will be to get out word quickly if we’re rained out. From here on, it's where to look, instead of your email inbox. I will still email you about other specific things, like the schedule. But to email everyone and not be filtered out as spam, I have to send out 12 emails. A rainout posting is timelier and the 25 guys who need to know about that morning can just as readily hit the site as check mail. Get into the habit of checking here on your own from time to time!

Tomorrow: A period with no rain is expected in the morning. I expect the mound, infield, and batters box will be wet. So we will be on the grass and throw, chase a fly ball, drill or whatever anyone wants, and then call it a day.

But with no computer access in the morning, I ask you to use your own judgment as to whether to come, since I won’t be able to email or post. If unsure, call me between 9am and 9:45 only, please!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, very useful. Sorry to hear about computer problems. It's raining now, so I imagine I won't be there. See you soon.

    Charlie B

    ReplyDelete